Now that winter is upon us and you have done the last of your lawn and landscape cleanup for the year, here are a few reminders for your home and auto as we move through the winter season.
Winter Home Tips:
- Make sure all garden hoses are completely disconnected from water spouts
- Check your doors and windows for leaky seals and repair as needed
- Consider shutting heating vents off in areas of the home infrequently used to save on heating costs
Winter Automobile Tips:
- Check your tire pressures carefully and adjust as needed for the colder weather
- Check your fluids, especially your antifreeze and windshield wiper fluid
- Store a blanket and extra coat/gloves in your auto in case of unexpected breakdowns.
And remember, if you do still have leaves in your lawn and/or landscape, please remove them as soon as possible to prevent long-term damage to your turf and plantings during the 2019 growing season.
We wish you and your family and warm and safe winter season!